Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mrs. Clean vs. Mrs. Clause

The house was a disaster.  A tornado of :cuss: ran through this place.  I still have an immense amount of laundry to put away but I'd rather have a beer.  Is that a crime?  I think not.

The house now smells of caramel, cashmere and Clorox.  It's pretty  delicious in here.  I'm loving it.  Not in a greasy McDonald's Big Mac, fatty kind of joy.... it's a pure joy.
"This house is clean."

Now... Christmas.  We haven't even put the christmas tree up yet!  Drives me crazy!  Jeffery is more concerned with other stuff, and one of us definitely needs to be.... however, I love the smell of Christmas trees in my house. I love looking at it and decorating it and waking up to it every morning.  I made a bodacious wreath.  I love it! Everyone has told me that it looks like I bought it that way!  Fabulous.  I'm about to put together the gingerbread house and then the kids and I are going to decorate it.

Today was a tiring day... but it's been really serene, even though I've been a little on edge.  Does that make sense?  I'm really happy to be alive today even though I'm not showing my appreciation.

Off to gumdrops and frosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment