Saturday, December 4, 2010

obstacle #1: Transmission

I'm listening to the sounds of cartoons and bubbles rustling around in the goldfish tank.  They have gotten to be so big.  I'm eating Charro beans I made yesterday.  Just a note: charro beans are the best leftovers ever.

I just got engaged and I couldn't be happier about it!  However, everything else seems to be falling apart.  I mean literally falling apart.  My Toyota has been on the fritz, my fiancé is now going to receive $400 less each month, I'm living off of food stamps and my job stinks!  I need a new one but I can't think of anything that can fit my schedule!  School, work, 8 year old son, 2 step children.... this is not getting any easier.  I need to step it up.  Any suggestions?

Real job.  I have to be a real grownup.  How strange to be 25 years old and to say, 'come on Babs! time go grow up now.'  Am I afraid to take a leap?  Am I worried about what may happen if I fail?  When I was young everything was easier because I was the best at everything I did.  I was the top in choir and drama, and the most creative in journalism, one of the best writers in my class, I received mathematical recognition senior year....blah blah blah, the list goes on.

Now I feel very small and I am holding back so much.  I have a lot to offer.  Well....

my fiancé is fixing the transmission on the car right now, so that's a start right?

No comments:

Post a Comment